YOU ARE INVITED TO JOIN AAUW, CAPITAL (NV) BRANCH!
WHY JOIN? AAUW is a community that breaks through educational and economic barriers so that all women have a fair chance. Your membership makes AAUW’s powerful voice even stronger on critical issues affecting women and girls. As an AAUW member, you will belong to a group whose voice is heard on issues that matter to women and girls on the local and national level.
WHO MAY JOIN? Membership is open to anyone holding an associate’s (or equivalent, eg. RN), bachelor’s, or higher degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS: As a member of the Capital (NV) Branch, members receive:
- Branch Membership Directory
- Monthly Program Meetings focused on relevant issues of the day
- Branch Newsletter – Capital News
- Opportunity to participate in interest groups from book discussion to Great Decisions
- Opportunity to collaborate with other community groups to make a positive contribution to OUR community
- Collaboration with Western Nevada College to share information about equity in the workplace, gender discrimination and other topics of interest to students
- AAUW Nevada News (how often?)
- The Outlook, a quarterly publication of the Association
- Assist in raising funds to provide for scholarships for local high school and WNC students
- Opportunity financially support AAUW national fellowships and grants
BRANCH MEMBER: $70.00 includes local ($12), state ($9) and national $49).
Life Members pay only state and local dues.
Dual Members – pay only local dues if within the state. Otherwise pay both state and local.
NATIONAL MEMBER: $49.00 annual dues*
E-student affiliate (free) – Free to all undergraduate students attending an AAUW college/university partner member. WNC is a member
Student affiliate ($17) – Undergraduate students attending non partner institutions
Graduate students – $18.81 for the first year, then $49/year thereafter
*Tax Deductibility: Because AAUW is a 501(c)(3) charitable membership organization, most of your national dues are tax deductible on your personal federal income tax return.